Code of Ethics
- Always conduct ourselves to the highest levels of ethics, integrity, accountability and responsibility.
- Treat all clients and potential clients with absolute dignity, confidentiality and respect as free and equal individuals.
- Respect the commercial confidentiality of clients by not divulging business information to any third parties.
- Maintain the good reputation of the coaching profession.
- Comply with both the spirit and the letter of any commercial agreements made with clients, potential clients, and professional colleagues .
- Make commercial agreements with clients and potential clients that are fair and will respect all parties to such agreements.
- Represent true levels of status, title, competence and experience in order not to mislead, misrepresent or defraud.
- Clearly state to clients and potential clients the terms of any commercial agreement including the expectations of both parties.
- Make no claims or implications of outcomes that cannot be demonstrated or guaranteed.
- Obtain written permission from any client or potential client before releasing their names as referees.
- Respect the absolute rights of the client's confidentiality except as expressly permitted by the client or potential client in writing or as required by law.
- Recommend different coaches or resources when these will be more appropriate to the client's needs.
- Avoid all conflicts of interest.
- Refrain from offering professional information or advice I know to be confidential, misleading or where the accuracy is beyond my competence to assess.
- Endeavour to enhance public understanding and acceptance of professional coaching.
- Share skills and experience with fellow members and associates of the Coaching Profession to further increase the body of knowledge, skills and competencies of such parties.
- Respect all copyrights, agreements, work, intellectual property and trademarks and comply with all laws covering such areas.
- Avoid coaching minors (people who have not yet had their 18th birthday) without the express written consent of parent, guardian or teacher as appropriate.
- Comply with all laws and by-laws of the UK and, if coaching clients based abroad, with the laws of the clients' country.
- Ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials, whether verbal or written, are legal, decent, truthful, honest and in compliance with the requirements of the UK Advertising Standards Authority.
We am committed to providing high quality service, and support to enable clients to develop the knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes required to pursue their goals.
We believe that coaching is:
- A positive process, tailor-made to suit the agenda of each individual client or organisation
- A totally holistic process addressing the needs of the whole person
- Founded on a unique, productive, interactive relationship between coach and client based on the 100% commitment of both parties
- A vehicle for raising awareness and encouraging responsibility
- A means of motivating and facilitating people to achieve their true potential through setting and achieving self-defined goals
- A powerful process designed to match each client’s goals to their values
- Based on the premise that all clients are creative and resourceful with the ability to elicit their own solutions
- A partnership which challenges clients to recognise and build on their strengths, explore their current reality and find positive ways to make changes and move forwards
- A means of providing a fresh perspective on each client’s situation and exploring a range of options
- Designed to keep clients on track, celebrate their successes and achieve their desired outcomes